Monday, January 8, 2007

The Invitation

kay guys - i'm going to be vulnerable and post a poem I wrote in 2002. No one has seen it except Darrin, but here goes:

The Invitation

The trumpet calls,
But do I see?
The hand that holds all
Holds me.
The Holy Warrior,
Ancient One,
Rushing Water,
Shining Sun.
One who sets Himself
Apart from all,
But touches me
As I fall.
"Do not be Afraid"
Death will not be
Life-giving One
Who holds the key
This present death
Will not contain
the First and Last
The One who reigns.
Power and Dominion,
Equaled by none,
Piercing through,
What I have become.
How can I hear,
What I do not see?
How can I know
the Voice calling me?
Lay down my all,
What is real,
To truly touch,
what He will reveal
Truth I have not seen,
But is in wait,
Turn to hear,
As He creates.
Time can never
Take that away.
What is real,
Is here today.
I grasp,
And seeing, fall,
Laying down
My very all.
Seeing through,
and now beyond.
Can it be,
That I belong?
The hand that smotes,
Holds up the air,
And rests on me,
As I linger there.
Knowing now,
and always known,
Hearing first,
What He has shown.
Waking to
the power, real,
Holding fast
the Holy Seal.

(based on Rev. ch. 1)

No comments: